I’ve been reflecting on how critical our role is in creating tailored anesthesia plans. Just last week, I had a patient with multiple comorbidities that required careful medication adjustments. I’m curious about the protocols others use to balance efficacy and safety, especially in complex cases like this. What strategies have you found most effective?
There’s no one-size-fits-all approach, but I like using an ASRA tool for assessing regional anesthesia options. It helps me weigh risks for patients with comorbidities, just like the case you mentioned. Have you considered involving a pharmacy specialist for med adjustments?
I totally get where you’re coming from about tailoring those anesthesia plans. Just last month, I had a similar case where I added a lower dose of an opioid to minimize risk while still managing pain — , it can be tricky! Have you considered using a multimodal approach with adjuncts; it sometimes helps simplify the overall regimen.
In my experience, using a multi-modal approach can really help mitigate risks for patients with comorbidities. I often incorporate non-opioid analgesics early on, which reduces the opioid burden. @cgriffin22, what has your experience been with combining different pain management strategies?
I’ve found that incorporating guidelines from ASRA has really clarified my approach. For a recent patient with multiple comorbidities, using the regional anesthesia tool helped me make informed choices on dosing. I’d love to hear more about how others tailor adjustments too, especially with opioid-sparing techniques.@cgriffin22.