I’ve recently been analyzing anesthesia start times across various surgical procedures, and it seems we could reduce delays significantly by refining our preoperative assessments. Last month, our team managed to cut down induction times by an average of 10 minutes in orthopedics by switching to a streamlined checklist approach. Has anyone else observed similar trends or tried different strategies that worked well?
, this drives me nuts too! I implemented a similar checklist system for our preop assessments, and it shaved off around 15 minutes. But I’ve noticed that even with a streamlined process, communication can still slow things down if everyone’s not on the same page. Have you considered any tech tools like an app to help with real-time updates?
I’ve been tracking our preop efficiency as well and switched to a digital checklist, which cut down our assessment time by about 12 minutes. It’s great to see how these small changes can add up — one thing I found was that involving the surgical team early in the process really helps align everyone’s expectations.
@nash_avery66, absolutely! I’ve found that having a quick huddle with the surgical team before procedures really smooths out any last-minute questions. It’s been a game changer for us in terms of timing, too; have you noticed if that’s made a difference in your setting?
I’ve noticed that scheduling a brief team check-in right before the procedures can help clear up any lingering questions, which can smooth out the process a lot. It’s like giving your favorite sports car a quick tune-up before a big race — you want everything running perfectly — @cgriffin22, have you tried that approach?